The demography inside emerging countries is a major issue with many impacts:
- Economic: transport, water / sanitation, telecom, roads, …
- Politics (stability), and infrastructure management
- Environment: Climate impact, crisis management
- Public health
- Migration crisis: 1.3 billion people in the states from where refugees are coming
- Population Census: typically every 10 years
- Civil registration: authenticate people
- Estimations and projections from last census
Our value proposition
To create TeleCense web service, using free satellite images.
- Footprint and characterization of builtup areas
- Population estimation on a geographic or administrative area
- Regular updates: 6 months
Previous demographic census data are not required.
TeleCense estimates the population by:
- Identifying built-up footprint areas, using optical and radar images from Sentinel satellites.
- Characterising settlement areas: surface, form, density
- Estimating the population using these characteristics
- Using external data: previous censuses, mobile data, geographic information systems, …
TeleCense will provide different levels of service / accuracy:
- Automatic, using free image satellite (10m per pixel), and all available spectral bands (radar, IR, visible).
- Expert analysis and better image resolution (< 5m per pixel).
- On demand, high accuracy studies for specific requirement on a limited area.
Here is the video of service usage and the link to access it: