We help Companies, Authorities, International Organisations and Labs to assess and anticipate population growth and migration in emerging countries
Population growth and migration in emerging countries is one of the major issues that humankind has to face in a very next future. Classical solutions: censuses and civil registration are inefficient and outdated, every ten years at best.
TeleCense evaluates population distribution and trends with efficient, up-to-date and accurate results, at low cost compared to in-situ studies or census campaigns.
Copernicus data is the core input of the TeleCense service: by leveraging Sentinel-1&2 satellite images and merging radar and optical data, we can provide high accuracy in detecting settlements.
Knowing where people live is a fundamental element of many decision making processes such as urban development, infectious disease containment, evacuation planning, riskmanagement, conservation planning, and more.
TeleCense could be used by:
- Industrial companies to evaluate the opportunity and where to invest in a country,
- Energy & Utilities to propose the right service: where to implement mobile antenna or bank agencies,
- Insurance and reinsurance to make an accurate risk assessment
- Governments and NGO to anticipate population needs in infrastructures, schools, hospitals, transports, water and sanitation
- International agencies to allocate right budgets at the right place to provide people a better life.
Moreover, TeleCense is designed for use in connection with climate impacts, human crisis management, public health, migration, and more.
How it works?
On a geographic or administrative area, TeleCense services provide:
- Settlement footprint & built-up characteristics
- Population estimations
- Regular updates
- Evolution trends
Previous demographic census data are not required.
Data are visualized using geographic server on the Web and could be downloaded as a set of shapefiles for use in GIS applications and as CSV files. The files contain: Administrative boundary polygons with population estimation, Settlement footprint polygons with area, elevation, estimated density (0 to 10), estimated population and reference to administrative boundary. On request, processed satellite images could be downloaded.
Three levels of Products / Services:
Annual subscription includes 2 updates per year
Find the answers to all your needs:
- Forecast the population, the evolution / movement of the population over years in order to implement sustainable / sufficient capabilities (ex: set-up antennas in highly populated districts, set-up bigger tubes)
- Estimate the cost of deployment (number of connections needed, distance, etc.) correlated with the population I am covering
- Choose the best location to implement industrial facilityand limit impact on population
- Make a risk assessment / insurance fees / pricing estimation on industrial risks
- Verify how pertinent the infrastructure is, to compare to the population that is going to be addressed
- Prevent virus propagation, make a vaccination campaign, identify preventive health actions
- Optimise and accelerate the preparation of a Census in my country or use TeleCense data during the post-census validation
- Know how impacted I am (people and infrastructure) after a natural / industrial disaster in order to: 1. unlock funds, 2. announce how impacted I am to financial markets.
Click here to experiment the Bangladesh use case and see the impacted population in case of water elevation.
Below is the video of service usage and here the link to access TeleCense Webservice: